Rules of the Remix
Unless otherwise noted, all resources on this site are posted under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.
To get a bit more specific, here’s what’s okay with us:
- Using the resources for teaching or leading workshops, as long as you give credit to the author. It doesn’t matter if you’re a non-profit or for-profit organization.
- Posting the resources on your own website, as long as you give us credit.
- Changing the resources to suit your needs, as long as you make clear what’s ours and what’s yours.
Here’s what’s not okay:
- Explicitly or implicitly taking credit for the resources made available here. Yes, that includes words, not just images. If you got the idea from here, then give the author credit.
- Saying that you’re affiliated with, partnered with, endorsed by, or working with the d.school. It’s not that we don’t like you; the language of affiliation just doesn’t make sense here. If you quote a academic scholar in a paper, you’re not working with her, you’re citing her. The same general principle applies: using our materials doesn’t imply that we’re working together.