Visual artifacts help get your team on the same page and make your team process transparent.
WHY visualize contributions
- One of the most contentious elements of teamwork revolves around balancing the amount of time and energy each person is dedicating to the project. By making your contributions visible, you can both build momentum in the team and understand how each of you fits into the larger project.
- Making visual artifacts helps make team contributions tangible and transparent.
HOW TO visualize contributions
- Make artifacts to share, no matter what the phase or activity.
- Saturate your team space during every meeting.
- Try different ways to make your contributions visible. You could use your logbooks, a shared blog, other social media, whiteboards, tabloid-sized pieces of paper… experiment with how to leave a trail when you work.